I don’t know about you guys, but candy is certainly my weakness. I love sweets and Halloween makes it so hard to say no. It’s free candy for crying out loud!
I will never say that one should deprive themselves from indulging in a few sweets here and there, but the key is having a plan
So here’s a few tricks for your trick-or-treat health success.
- When buying candy for trick-or-treaters buy candy that you don’t like. If you don’t like it you won’t eat it.
- When attending Halloween parties try to go for the healthier options like popcorn or pretzels
- You don’t have to eat all of it. Take a few bites of that cookie or cupcake and throw the rest out. You’ll satisfy your taste buds without over doing it
- Take the kids trick-or-treating for a few hours. Walking is great for you and definitely considered a workout in my book.
- Eat a good dinner before you go trick-or-treating. If you’re satisfied and full you wont be as tempted to indulge in the little one’s candy bag.
- Buy candy as late as possible. If you buy candy weeks in advances it sitting in the house and begging to be eaten, but if you wait till the day of or the day before, you can certainly get rid of it before the thought even has time to linger
It’s ok to have a few piece just don’t over do it, the key is minimizing temptations, portion control, and staying active. Happy Halloween and most importantly be safe!
- Stacy Pierre-Louis